Dr. Sujoy Kr. Bhattacharjee
Sarvodaya Hospital and Research Centre is proud to have Dr. Sujoy Kumar Bhattacharjee. A doctor who has made a name for himself by his sheer passion, commitment and desire to succeed against all odds. An attitude that has not only made him one of the most popular orthopedic surgeon in the city, but also allowed him to set new benchmarks in medical excellence.
He is in the LIMCA Book of Records for operating on a 104 year old patient. He has an experience of over 10000 Joint Replacement Surgeries. He is having FICS (Australia), FACS (USA), FMIS (USA). He is member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Sujoy specialises in 3D computer navigated stitchless, bloodless, painless surgeries that enable patients to walk the same day.
- 3D Navigated Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Joints Replacement Surgeries
- Shoulder and Elbow Replacement
- Sports Injury (Arthroscopy)
- M.S. (Ortho), Mch (Ortho),
- FICS (Australia), FACS (USA)
- FMIS (USA), FJR (USA, UK Australia, Germany)
- He has been awarded the LIMCA Book of Records for doing Total Hip Replacement in 104-year-old patients.
- Dr Sujoy has been doing Complex, Primary & Revision Joint Replacements for more than 15 years and has treated around 9000 patients including international patients from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Nigeria, Oman, U.S. and other African countries.
- He has been extensively trained in techniques of Joint Replacement Surgery from the best centres in the world. He had an opportunity to work in Princess Elizabeth Hospitals, Exeter U.K., Markoningen Clinic, Stuttgart, Germany, California Orthopaedic Centre, San Diego U.S.A.
- He has been trained for Computer Navigated and Minimal Invasive Joint Replacement from Southern Health Care Melbourne, Australia & U.S.A.
- He has been a visiting Joint Replacement Surgeon to Serbia (Europe) & Tanzania (Africa).
- He is well known National Faculty in various Joint Replacement Conferences. He has been a regular faculty in prestigious Cadaver Workshops & Arthroplasty Conferences in AIIMS, ISHKS, ROC & different states.
- He has been selected as International faculty in the Annual Arthroplasty Conference, Monash Health, Melbourne, Australia, SOTA, Novi Sad, Serbia & CME conducted by Kettering Group of Hospitals, Dayton, Ohio, USA.
- He had operated two live Total Knee Replacement surgeries as a part of a pre-conference workshop in SOTA, Novi Sad, Serbia.
- He has been awarded Fellowship from the International College of Surgeons, Australia Chapter (FICS). He happens to be the only Joint Replacement Surgeon from India to have this honour.
- He has been awarded the most prestigious Fellowship from the American College of Surgeons (FACS) for his brilliant work in Joint Replacement Surgery.
- He topped all M.B.B.S exams in Silchar Medical College & awarded the best outgoing M.B.B.S graduates in 1995.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- LIMCA Book of Records for operating on a 104 year old patient.