The liver is one of the most vital organs in our body. It helps in various vital functions like digestion, metabolism, detoxification, etc. But approximately 25% of the world's population is affected by Liver Diseases which can be of many types like cirrhosis, hepatitis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, or non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Liver diseases if not detected timely and left untreated can lead to impaired liver function and become fatal.
Normal Functions of Liver
The liver is one of your body's most hardworking organs. It’s responsible for a wide range of functions, including:
- Filtration of toxins and waste materials from the blood
- Producing bile to help digest fats
- Storing energy in the form of glycogen
- Regulating hormones
- Making proteins that are essential for blood clotting and other functions
Signs of Liver diseases
Liver diseases can be difficult to detect because they often don’t cause symptoms until the damage is severe. Even some liver diseases when diagnosed in their early stage, can be tricky to treat. That’s why it’s important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of liver disease, so you can get treatment as soon as possible.
One of the most common signs of liver disease is fatigue. This is because the liver has difficulty processing toxins, which can lead to feeling of tiredness and weakness. Other signs of liver disease include:
- Yellowish skin
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine
- Pale stool
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s essential to see a doctor so they can check for liver disease. Early diagnosis and treatment are essential for managing liver disease.
How to ensure the smooth functioning of our liver?
Detoxification is the best way you can maintain the good health of your liver. There are a number of different ways to detoxify your liver, but one of the best ways is by drinking detoxifying juices which work like magic for your liver health. Here is the list of juices you should be drinking to detox your liver!
- Beetroot juice: Beetroot juice is a great way to detox your liver and improve its function. They are high in antioxidants and help to cleanse the blood. They also promote healthy liver function by helping to break down toxins. Try adding some beet juice to your diet for better liver health.
- Carrot juice: Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in your body. Vitamin A is essential for liver health, as it helps protect the liver from damage. Carrot juice also helps improve digestion and detoxification.
- Orange Juice: Oranges are a great source of Vitamin C, which is essential for detoxification. Drinking fresh orange juice helps to cleanse the liver and promote better functioning.
- Watermelon Juice: Watermelon is low-calorie nourishment that is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is also a natural diuretic, which means it helps to flush toxins out of your body. Drinking watermelon juice is a great way to detoxify your liver and improve its function.
- Watercress Juice: Watercress is a leafy green vegetable that is often used in salads. It has a slightly peppery flavor and is packed with nutrients. Watercress is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as calcium and iron, also known for its detoxifying properties. It helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys, and can even help to reduce the risk of some cancers.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is a great way to detoxify your liver and improve its function. The citrus fruit is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, both of which are essential for a healthy liver. Lemon juice also helps to promote digestion and reduce inflammation.
The liver is a vital organ that filters toxins from the blood and helps to break down fat. When the liver is overloaded with toxins, it can become sluggish and inefficient. This can lead to a build-up of fat, cholesterol, and other toxins in the body. Detoxifying the liver can help to improve its function and make it more efficient at filtering toxins from the blood.
The Centre for Liver & Digestive Sciences at Sarvodaya Hospital provides comprehensive and cutting-edge gastroenterological treatments to its patients. The department has reputable and experienced gastroenterologists, highly qualified endoscopic technicians, nursing personnel, and coordinators who help patients at every stage. It’s important to remember that liver diseases can be fatal if not treated correctly. If you are looking for gastroenterology experts who can offer liver treatment in Faridabad, book an appointment now.