Dr. Mohit S. Garg
Dr. Mohit S. Garg is the Consultant and Head of the Emergency & Trauma Department at Sarvodaya Hospital & Research Centre.
After completing his MBBS from Mumbai, Dr. Garg pursued his 3 year full-time post-graduation training in Emergency Medicine at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
He also trained at the Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine of the prestigious George Washington University Hospital, Washington DC, USA where he closely worked with eminent Emergency Medicine faculties and participated in a number of didactic, simulation lab and emergency ultrasound training sessions.
He is an American Heart Association certified BLS, ACLS and PALS Instructor and has to his credit several provider courses across the country. He is also an American College of Surgeons' certified ATLS Provider.
He has won many awards in his professional career, and participated as a teaching faculty in many national and international conferences. He is actively involved in training of the doctors, nurses and paramedics at the hospital in lifesaving AHA courses, CPR, first-aid and common medical / surgical emergencies. His blogs about medical social issues and health awareness are widely published and appreciated by doctors & healthcare workers across the country.
Dr. Mohit Garg has over 10 years of experience of working as an emergency physician and he feels emergency decision making is critical in deciding patient outcome and survival. His philosophy is to provide the right treatment, to the right patient, at the right time, to save a life.
- Acute Stoke Care & Thrombolysis
- Cardiac Emergencies & Myocardial Infarction
- Poly Trauma Management
- Pre-Hospital Care
- Sepsis Management
- All Pediatric, Obstetric/Gynecological, Orthopedic Emergencies
- Disaster Management
- BLS/ACLS/PALS & First Aid Teaching Activities
- Public Awareness Activities
- M.B.B.S from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College & General Hospital, Maharashtra University of Heath Science (MUHS), 2010.
- Masters in Emergency Medicine (3 years) from George Washington University, Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine in Association with Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Healthcare Management from Symbiosis, Pune.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medicolegal Services from Symbiosis, Pune
- Suasth Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd. as Consultant & Head of Department, Accident & Emergency
- Dr. L.H. Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai as Consultant & Head of Department, Accident & Emergency
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai as Accident & Emergency Physician
- Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai as Accident & Emergency Physician
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Awarded the Care Award - ‘For Caring beyond the Ordinary’ at Dr. L.H.Hiranandani Hospital’ 2016.
- Awarded the best thesis during M.E.M at KDAH’ 2012-2015.
- Awarded the First prize in ‘Youth participation for development on HIV/AIDS’ organized by UNICEF and Mumbai Districts AIDS Control Society, 2007.
- Awarded the First prize on O.R.S theme organized by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai, 2010.
- Awarded the Second prize on O.R.S theme organized by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai, 2009
- Awarded for distinctive educational work for the Indian Navy & the Indian Air Force.
- Penned many emergency medicine articles for newspapers and health magazines in India.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Certified Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) Certified Advance Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Provider.
- Trained in Emergency Ultrasonography (USG) & USG guided emergency procedures.
- Received training in Infant and Young Child Feeding, a W.H.O funded initiative held only in a few ‘Baby friendly Hospitals’ in India.
Projects & Publications:
- A retrospective and prospective study on 'Study of various factors influencing time to intervention in patients with Acute ST- Elevation Myocardial Infarction presenting to the Accident & Emergency Department of a private tertiary care hospital in Mumbai.
- ‘WHO - Growth and Nutrition of Children and Young Adults’, for the Department of Pediatrics, LTMMC, Mumbai.
- ‘Vaccine safety & Quality Control’ for the Department of PSM, LTMMC, Mumbai.
- ‘Setting up a Dialysis Unit’, for the Department of Nephrology, Global Hospital, Mumbai.
- ‘Patient Statistics and its improvement in the Accident & Emergency Department’, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.