Sarvodaya Hospital and Research Centre is proud to welcome Dr. Sujoy Kumar Bhattacharjee. A doctor who has made a name for himself by his sheer passion, commitment and desire to succeed against all odds. An attitude that has not only made him one of the most popular orthopedic surgeon in the city, but also allowed him to set new benchmarks in medical excellence.
He is in the LIMCA Book of Records for operating on a 104 year old patient. He has an experience of over 9000 Joint Replacement Surgeries. He is having FICS (Australia), FACS (USA), FMIS (USA). He is member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Sujoy specialises in 3D computer navigated stitchless, bloodless, painless surgeries that enable patients to walk the same day.
• He has been awarded LIMCA Book of Records for doing Total Hip Replacement in 104 year old patient.
• Dr. Sujoy has been doing Complex, Primary & Revision Joint Replacements for more
than 15 years and treated around 9000 patients including international patients from
Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Nigeria, Oman, U.S. and other African countries.
• He has been extensively trained in techniques of Joint Replacement Surgery from
the best centers in the world. He had an opportunity to work in Princess Elizabeth
Hospitals, Exeter U.K., Markoningen Clinic, Stuttgart, Germany, California
Orthopedic Centre, San Diego U.S.A.
• He has been trained for Computer Navigated and Minimal Invasive Joint
Replacement from Southern Health Care Melbourne, Australia & U.S.A.
• He has been a visiting Joint Replacement Surgeon to Serbia (Europe) & Tanzania (Africa).
• He is well known National Faculty in various Joint Replacement Conferences.He has
been a regular faculty in prestigious Cadaver Workshops & Arthroplastry
Conferences in AIIMS, ISHKS, ROC & different states.
• He has been selected as International faculty in Annual Arthroplastry Conference,
Monash Health, Melbourne, Australia, SOTA, Novi Sad, Serbia & CME conducted
by Kettering Group of Hospitals, Dayton, Ohio, USA.
• He had operated two live Total Knee Replacement surgeries as a part of pre
conference workshop in SOTA, Novi Sad, Serbia.
• He has been awarded Fellowship from International College of Surgeons, Australia
Chapter (FICS). He happens to be the only Joint Replacement Surgeon from India to
have this honour.
• He has been awarded the most prestigious Fellowship from American College of
Surgeon (FACS) for his brilliant work in Joint Replacement Surgery.
• He topped all M.B.B.S exams in Silchar Medical Collage & awarded best outgoing
M.B.B.S graduates 1995.
LIMCA Book of Records for operating on a 104 year old patient.