The prostate gland, found in men, secretes a fluid that helps in sperm development and movement. This gland is also susceptible to cancer and is one of the most common cancers found in men. Most doctors advise patients over 50 to opt for regular examination & understand the benefits of early diagnosis in the treatment of prostate cancer. Patients and people in general would become more informed as a result, which would improve their quality of life, if they are able to beat this disease early. While some prostate cancers may grow slowly and do minimal harm initially, if left untreated and undiagnosed, they can progress into serious complications. Hence, one should be aware of the prostate cancers symptoms, precautions and other factors to ensure the prevention of this deadly disease or early diagnosis to arrest its rapid growth and get a new lease on life with advanced cancer treatments.
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
- Difficulty urinating
- Decreased urine flow
- Urine with blood in it
- A bloody sperm
- Sudden bone ache
- Erection problems
Ways to Prevent Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer can be avoided by eating a nutritious diet of fruits and vegetables. The largest number of vitamins and nutrients your body needs to combat cancer is found in these fruits and vegetables.
- Your chances of developing prostate cancer significantly reduce when you exercise once a week. Your mood can be maintained, and your general health can be improved through exercise.
While these are the suggested ways to prevent the development of prostate cancer, there are no known causes for this condition; hence, being aware of its symptoms is crucial. That way one can identify this disease early and they can avail of some of the most advanced treatment options including Medical Oncology (Chemotherapy & Nuclear Medicine), Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, etc.
Prostate screening is the first step that patients should take into consideration, which includes:
- DRE - Doctors use DRE (Digital Rectal Exam) to assess the health of your prostate while inserting lubricated gloves.
- PSA test - Prostate Specific Antigen is a material that your prostate gland naturally produces and that doctors can examine and analyze to look for prostate infection or any other problem
- MRI - It can provide a thorough picture of your prostate gland for the doctor, who can then help you get any extra tissue out of your gland.
- Ultrasound - With the help of sound waves, this technique paints the right picture for the prostate gland doctor to examine to determine the situation.
- Collecting prostate tissue - By taking cell samples from the gland tissue, it is possible to determine with genuine certainty whether a patient has prostate gland cancer.
Consult with experts at a Prostate cancer hospital to get an accurate diagnosis.
Here are some final tests for analyzing your prostate cancer stage:
- Bone scan
- CT Scan
- MRI Scan
- PET Scan
These tests will help doctors in determining the stage of your cancer and whether it has grown to the amount where it needs treatment.
The treatment options for prostate cancer depend on the stage and grade of cancer, but typically include surgery, radiation therapy, and hormonal therapy. Recently, a new treatment approach using PSMA PET or PSMA-based radioligand nuclear therapy has emerged. PSMA (prostate-specific membrane antigen) is a protein found on the surface of prostate cancer cells. PSMA PET scans can detect prostate cancer cells that have spread to other parts of the body, allowing doctors to better target treatment. PSMA-based radioligand nuclear therapy involves injecting a radioactive substance that specifically targets and kills prostate cancer cells that have PSMA on their surface.
These new treatment approaches show promising results in treating prostate cancer, especially for patients with advanced or metastatic disease. However, further research is needed to determine the long-term efficacy and safety of these treatments.
Sarvodaya Cancer Institute at Sarvodaya Hospital, Sec-8, Faridabad is widely known for cancer treatment, including prostate cancer in Faridabad. It is equipped with advanced technology and infrastructure providing care for more than 10,000 cancer patients each year from India and abroad. Our objective is to establish new clinical standards and elevate the war against cancer to its highest potential level. Our hospital has one of the best facilities that provide prostate cancer surgery in Faridabad. Our Uro-oncology department is backed by high-quality operating rooms, intensive care units, and wards, supported by the expertise of our renowned team of doctors & surgeons. Our Urologists work closely with other specialists, such as radiation oncologists and medical oncologists, to provide coordinated care for prostate cancer patients. They also perform surgeries, such as radical prostatectomies and robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgeries, to remove the prostate gland and treat cancer. Through regular follow-up visits and ongoing monitoring, urologists ensure that their patients receive the best possible care and support throughout their cancer journey.
Call: 1800 313 1414 to book an appointment for early diagnosis and treatment of your prostate cancer.