The Department of Radiation Oncology is equipped with the most advanced and latest High Definition 6D LINAC Machine which offers treatment from radiotherapy to advanced stereotactic precision.
• STEREOTACTIC ROBOTIC 6D-COUCH: For precise Patient setup and treatment with sub mm accuracy
• FFF (Flattening Filter Free) BEAM DELIVERY: For fast Radiotherapy treatment (4 to 5 times fast)
• RESPIRATORY GATING TECHNIQUE and 4DCBCT: For the treatment of moving tumors like lung and liver
• ALL HIGH END TREATMENT: All type of cancer treatment anywhere in the body
• HD MULTI LEAF COLLIMATOR: For better conformity and coverage of small tumors
Equipped with sophisticated conformal beam-shaping technology and High Dose rate mode delivery, Versa HD™ is designed to provide the precision and speed necessary to deliver advanced Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) and Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS), techniques that demand the maximum accuracy in tumor targeting and protection of critical structures.
The greatest advantage of this machine is that it couples with 4D PET CT resulting in best diagnoses and treatment. The 6D couch of the machine enables doctors to get the image of tumour perfectly ignoring the smallest involuntary patient movement like breathing. Versa HD™ the unique combination of ground-breaking MLC leaf speeds with High Dose Rate mode means clinicians can, for the first time, explore the full capabilities of high dose rate delivery and take advanced therapies to new levels.
The machine can deliver very high precision radiation treatments in the form of:
Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT/Rotational IMRT)
• Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
• Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
• Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
• Stereotactic Radiosurgery
• Stereotactic Radiotherapy
• Electron therapy
These ultra-sophisticated techniques of radiation allow for greater control on dose-to surrounding-normal-structures and greater accuracy of dose-to-the-tumour in record time. In short, the treatment is more efficient and more effective for the patient.